Y6 Autumn 2 2019
Topic 2: ‘Secret Agents'
History: Looking at the significance of the Battle of Britain as a turning point in British history, and the role of intelligence agents during WW2.
History Key Questions:
- When did the Battle of Britain take place?
- How was it significant in changing the course of the war?
- Punctuation of speech
- Descriptions of characters
- Persuasive letters
- Discussion texts
- Performance poetry
- Factors and multiples
- Fractions – equivalence, simplifying, comparing and ordering
- Converting mixed numbers to improper fractions
- Addition and subtraction of fractions with different denominators
- Multiplying and dividing fractions
- Area and perimeter
Science - Electricity
- What are the dangers of electricity?
- Completing and repairing circuits
- Drawing circuit diagrams
- E-safety – privacy online
- Learning to program Micro:Bits
DT: Electronics – using switches to create morse code circuits
PE: Games: Invasion games - netball Dance: WW2
Music: Songs of WW2, Creating propaganda music
RE: The Christmas Mystery: Why two stories? Considering the idea of interpretation and how the Christian account of Jesus’ birth is described in the Bible in the books of Matthew and Luke.