Y6 Autumn 2 2019
Topic 2: ‘Secret Agents'
History: Looking at the significance of the Battle of Britain as a turning point in British history, and the role of intelligence agents during WW2.
History Key Questions:
- What were the major events leading up to the Battle of Britain?
- Which countries were involved?
- Who was Churchill?
- What were the Luftwaffe's plans for invading Britain?
- How do we know about them?
- What role did British pilots play during the Battle of Britain?
- Why was it significant?
- Learning to persuade - looking at propaganda
- Persuasive writing - letters, notes and debates
- Use colons, semi-colons and dashes to punctuate
- Descriptive writing
- Performance poetry
- Factors and multiples
- Fractions – equivalence, simplifying, comparing and ordering
- Converting mixed numbers to improper fractions
- Addition and subtraction of fractions with different denominators
- Multiplying and dividing fractions
- Area and perimeter
Science - Electricity
- What are the dangers of electricity?
- Completing and repairing circuits
- Drawing circuit diagrams
- E-safety – privacy online
- Breaking problems into algorithms
- Learning to program Micro:Bits
DT: Using electronics with switches to create secret agent morse code devices
PE: Games: Invasion games - netball Dance: based on WW2 & the Charleston
Music: Songs of WW2, Creating propaganda music
RE: The Christmas Mystery: Why two stories? Considering the idea of interpretation and how the Christian account of Jesus’ birth is described in the Bible in the books of Matthew and Luke.