Y6 Spring 2 2023
Topic 4: Volcanoes
Geography Key Questions:
We’ll be continuing our geography work by learning about:
- What is a volcano?
- How is it formed?
- Icelandic volcanoes
- Where do volcanoes occur in the rest of the world?
- What impact do volcanoes have on people who live near them?
- Creating information text
- Using the passive voice
- Using punctuation to avoid ambiguity
- Angles and Shape
Science – Evolution and inheritance. We’ll be learning:
- How animals, plants and microorganisms are adapted to their habitats
- How adaptation may lead to evolution
- How living things have changed over time
- How fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago
- Coding: Scratch Volcano
- IT: Computer Networks and How the Internet Works
DT: Creating a protective fabric tablet / phone case and decorating this using stitch and applique.
Music: Creating own melody based on the song ‘Popocatepetl’
RE: The Empty Cross - Resurrections
PSHE: Weighing up risk