Our Year 2 teachers are Mrs Moore in 2M and Miss Singleton in 2S. Details for each of the topics for Year 2 are updated each half term and can be found via the menu.
Home Learning During School Closure:
Please check here every Monday for weekly learning plans and resources, you can also find useful links to educational websites below.
Click here for curriculum activities that children can access from home.
Week beginning 30.03.20
Here is the planning and resources for this week, please keep those photos coming in!
Week beginning 23.03.20
For those of you at home, below is the planning and resources for you to do throughout this week. We hope you enjoy it. Please send in any photos of you working to the school office so we can see how amazing you are!
Home Learning Websites:
- Pobble 365- A fantastic website that has a different picture available every day for writing practise- have a go at different writing challenges underneath each picture.
- Numbots - New from the team behind Times Table Rockstars! Your child can login using their Times Table Rockstars username and password to play addition and subtraction games aimed at developing their mental fluency and knowledge of number facts up to 100!
- White Rose Maths- This website has just launched a home learning section in which you can click on year 2 and there are tutorials with activities for children to complete. White Rose will be adding 5 lessons each week.
- BBC Supermovers - This is a collection of fun, active songs for children. There are collections for KS1 and 2 with a range of songs for helping children to learn Maths, English and PSHE skills. We use these a lot in class and they are very popular!
- Purple Mash - All Kings Worthy children can login to Purple Mash to access a variety of fun,educational games, apps and activities. We will be setting challenges on here as part of our weekly home learning plans in the coming weeks.
- Times Table Rockstars - Use the logins we have sent home to access games to support children in learning their times tables and the related division facts. We will set a new battle every Friday. Current battle underway... BOYS vs GIRLS- Who will be the WINNERS?
- Oxford Owl - Register for free as a parent for access to a range of e-books linked to the coloured book bands we use in school. There are also resources to support comprehension available.
- Phonics Play - This site is allowing free access during school closures, register for access to a range of fun phonics games. In year 2, most children should be securing phase 5 and working on phase 6.
- ICT Games - This site has a great range of free, interactive Maths and English games.
- Twinkl offer - Click on this link and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS to get a free month of access to huge range of downloadable powerpoints, worksheets and activities for children across the primary age range.
Please click on the link for our 'Meet the Teacher Powerpoint' which was shared with parents on Wednesday 11th September 2019.