Y2 Summer 1 2022
Topic 5: Our new topic is ‘Disaster at Sea'.
Our English work will include:
- Reading a selection of texts that link to our History topic of 'The Titanic'
- Addition and subtraction of two 2-digit numbers.
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts of the 2, 5 and 10 x tables to solve problems.
- Using inverse operations to solve addition and subtraction calculations.
- Using inverse operations to solve multiplication and division calculations.
- Measuring mass, capacity and temperature using standard units (kilograms, millilitres, litres, degrees centigrade).
- Applying our learning to solving worded problems.
- Read the time on a clock to the nearest 15 minutes.
- We will be learning to make simple maps of familiar places, such as our classroom and Woodland Walk.
- Athletics – running, jumping and throwing.
- Summer games including kwik cricket and rounders.
- 'Bamboo Tamboo' lessons from Hampshire Music Service.