Y4 Summer 2 2024
This half-term, we’ll be learning about the digestive system as well as thinking about the function of different types of teeth. We’ll also be learning about how sound is made and how it travels.
We will be using the text Horrible Science - Disgusting Digestion by Nick Arnold. Children will learn about the digestive system and will create an information explanation page about human digestion.
Following this, the children will be looking at discussion texts. We will be learning about viewpoint and how to give a balanced argument. We will discuss whether children should only be allowed healthy snacks at breaktime. We will debate the issue and children will present their argument.
Geometry: Properties of Shape:
- Identify, compare and order angles by size
- Compare and classify geometric shapes
- Identify lines of symmetry
- Complete symmetrical patterns
- Interpret and present data using bar charts and time graphs
- Solve comparison, sum and difference problems
Living things -
• recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways
• explore and use classification keys to help group, identify and name a variety of living things in their local and wider environment
• recognise that environments can change and that this can sometimes pose dangers to living things.
Cricket and short tennis
Rock and classical contrasting music
Growing up and changing