Y4 Autumn 2 2020
Topic 2: Colours of India
For the second part of the Autumn term, we’ll be learning about life in India. This will cover the following areas:
• Where is India?
• Looking at maps to identify counties surrounding the country, as well as the landscape of India.
• What is the weather like in India?
• How is life different for rich and poor people?
• What is life like on a tea plantation?
• Why is India a land of contrasts?
Length and perimeter - measuring rectilinear shapes
Multiplication and division - using formal methods of multiplication and division to multiply by one digit numbers.
Understanding the Human and Physical geography of India using a range of resources.
Internet safety and developing animation skills.
Indian-inspired art including studies of Banyan trees and Rangoli patterns.
Creating Indian-sounding music using drones, rhythms and melodies.
Cooking and sampling Indian food.
Identifying Hindu Gods and comparing to Christianity.
Indoor PE - Indian dance.
Outdoor games - tag rugby.