Y2 Summer 2 2023
Our topic is 'Seven worlds One planet', a unit all about the impact of humans on our planet, including a study of the similarities and differences of Britain and Australia. To tie into our topic, we will visiting Marwell Zoo.
Our English work will include:
- Writing persuasive letters to ask people to reduce their use of plastic.
- Writing descriptive poems about endangered animals.
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- Finding the difference between two numbers.
- 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables and related division facts.
- Fractions: recognising and writing ½ 1/3, ¼, 2/4 and ¾ of a length, shape or quantity.
- Direction: Using angles, turns and rotation to describe movement.
- Time: Telling the time to the nearest 5 minute interval.
- Using maps and atlases to place Great Britain.
- Name and locate the world's 7 continents and oceans
Indoor PE – Athletic skills
Outdoor games – Fielding and striking games including kwik cricket and beanbag rounders.
Listen 2 Me: Bamboo Tamboo lessons from Hampshire Music Service