Y2 Summer 1 2021
Topic 5: Our new topic is ‘Far, Far Away', a topic all about traditional tales.
Our English work will include:
- Reading a selection of traditional tales from around the world, including Hansel and Gretel.
- Reading twists on traditional tales, such as 'The True Story of the Three Little Pigs' and 'Revolting Rhymes'
- Writing our own stories in the style of a traditional tale.
- Addition and subtraction of two 2-digit numbers.
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts of the 2, 5 and 10 x tables to solve problems.
- Using inverse operations to solve addition and subtraction calculations.
- Using inverse operations to solve multiplication and division calculations.
- Measuring mass, capacity and temperature using standard units (kilograms, millilitres, litres, degrees centigrade).
- Applying our learning to solving worded problems.
- Read the time on a clock to the nearest 15 minutes.
- We will be learning to make simple maps of familiar places, such as our classroom and Woodland Walk.
- Athletics – running, jumping and throwing.
- Summer games including kwik cricket and rounders.
- Ukulele lessons with Mrs Beton from Hampshire Music Service.