Y2 Summer 1 2019
Topic 5: Our new topic is ‘Fit Kids’ a unit all about how we keep our bodies healthy.
Our topic and English work will include:
- Taking part in the Golden Mile challenge.
- Identifying what makes people fit and unfit.
- Completing food diaries.
- Creating posters and adverts to persuade children to make healthy choices.
- Fruit and vegetable poems, raps and rhymes.
- Sport and exercise fact files.
- Writing cautionary tales based on ‘Burger Boy’ by Alan Durrant.
- Creating healthy snacks and drinks.
- Learning about the importance of good hygiene and safe use of medicines.
- Devising and carrying out simple fitness tests.
- Studying the work of Arcimboldi and creating our own vegetable and fruit art.
Addition and subtraction of two 2-digit numbers.
Recall and use multiplication and division facts of the 2, 5 and 10 x tables to solve problems.
Using inverse operations to solve addition and subtraction calculations.
Using inverse operations to solve multiplication and division calculations.
Measuring mass, capacity and temperature using standard units (kilograms, millilitres, litres, degrees centigrade).
Interpreting and constructing tally charts, block diagrams and simple tables.
Read the time on a clock to the nearest 15 minutes.
Athletics – running, jumping and throwing.
Summer games including kwik cricket and rounders.
Ukulele lessons with Mrs Beton from Hampshire Music Service.