Y2 Spring 1 2019
Topic 3 - ‘London’s Burning’, a unit all about The Great Fire of London
Our topic and English work will include:
- Research about The Great Fire of London in 1666.
- Creating a timeline to include key historical events in British and world history.
- Sequencing the events of the fire.
- Drama in the role of a child in the bakery; creating and performing a scene from the night the fire started.
- Reading extracts from Samuel Pepys’ diary and exploring eyewitness accounts.
- Studying famous paintings of The Great Fire of London and recreating one.
- Making a Tudor building to create a large model of London.
- Finding out how fire safety has changed since 1666.
- Links to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- Taking part in a ‘London’s burning’ event after dark.
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables and related division facts.
- Multiplication and division problems
- Statistics: interpreting and construction charts, diagrams and tables.
- Properties of shape
Identify and compare the suitability of a variety of everyday materials for particular uses.
Find out how the shapes of solid objects made from some materials can be changed by squashing, bending, twisting and stretching.
PE Indoor PE – Gymnastics, Outdoor games – Tag Rugby
Music Listen 2 Me: Ukulele with Mrs Beton from Hampshire Music Service
PSHE and Citizenship: To explore what is fair and unfair and what is right and wrong.