Y2 Autumn 2 2022
Topic 2 Our new topic is ‘The Great Fire of London'
Our English work will include:
- Reading extracts from Samuel Pepys’ diary and exploring eyewitness accounts.
- Writing our own diary entries from the perspective of a character.
- Read 'The Great Fire of London' and create information texts of our own.
- Read, explore and analyse the features of a story linked to our topic
- Plan, write and edit a story of our own.
Our Maths work will include:
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- Number and Place Value including counting, reading and ordering two and three digit numbers.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 3s from 0 and in 10s from any number.
- Multiplication using arrays.
- Multiplication facts for 2, 5 and 10 x tables
- Division by sharing and grouping.
- Measuring using standard units to measure weight, temperature and time to the quarter hour.
- Addition and subtraction of all single digit numbers up to and including 20.
Our Topic work will include:
- A Tudor House visit.
- Research about The Great Fire of London in 1666.
- Creating a timeline to include key historical events in British and world history.
- Sequencing the events of the fire.
- Drama in the role of a child in the bakery; creating and performing a scene from the night the fire started
- Studying famous paintings of The Great Fire of London and recreating one.
- Making a Tudor building to create a large model of London.
- Finding out how fire safety has changed since 1666.
- Links to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- Taking part in a ‘London’s burning’ event after dark.
Indoor PE –Gym, balance and shape
Outdoor games – Multi skills- pass and receive (Hand)
Learn about The Nativity Story and the concept of Journeys.
Hampshire music service- Tuned percussion