Y2 Autumn 2 2018
Topic 2 Our new topic is ‘Explorers’
Our topic and English work will include:
- Research about famous explorers, modern and historical.
- Creating explorer fact files.
- Learning the seven continents and five oceans of the world.
- Understanding and using geographical vocabulary including country, continent, land, sea, ice-caps, mountain, forest, desert and valley.
- Identifying villages, towns and cities.
- Using compasses to give directions using North, South, East and West.
- Creating maps of known areas.
- Writing stories about the journey of polar animals.
- Drama and writing in the role of an explorer.
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- Number and Place Value including counting, reading and ordering two and three digit numbers.
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 3s from 0 and in 10s from any number.
- Multiplication using arrays.
- Multiplication facts for 2, 5 and 10 x tables
- Division by sharing and grouping.
- Measuring using standard units to measure weight, temperature and time to the quarter hour.
- Addition and subtraction of all single digit numbers up to and including 20.
Indoor PE – Gymnastics
Outdoor games – Tag Rugby
Vocal lessons with Mrs Beton