Y2 Spring 2 2019
Topic 4: 'Secret Garden'
Our topic is 'Secret Garden', a unit about habitats, plants and our own Woodland Walk. It will also include a fantasy element about fairies.Our topic and English work will include:
- Creating guidebooks for our Woodland walk including detailed maps.
- Writing fantasy stories about fairies.
- Laying sand traps to find evidence of animal footprints.
- Information writing about animals in our grounds.
- Building dens and making them waterproof.
- Identifying and comparing different habitats around school.
- Identifying and naming plants and animals in those habitats.
- Researching simple food chains: How animals obtain their food from plants and other animals.
- Using fieldwork skills to study the geography of our school and its grounds and the key human and physical features of the environment.
- Making bird feeders.
- Finding out how Britain looks after its natural habitats.
- Creating and using natural dyes.
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- Number and Place Value including counting, reading and ordering numbers to 100 and counting forwards and backwards in 2s, 5s, and 3s from 0 and in 10s from any number.
- 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables and related division facts.
- Addition and subtraction problems using one and two digit numbers.
- Fractions: recognising and writing ½ 1/3, ¼, 2/4 and ¾ of a length, shape or quantity.
- Measures: Measuring temperature and capacity using measuring equipment and standard units.
Indoor PE – Gymnastics
Outdoor games – Basketball skills
Listen 2 Me: Ukulele