Y2 Summer 2 2018
Our topic is 'We’re all going on a Summer holiday', a unit all about our own holiday experiences and our Grandparents’ holidays. It also includes a study of the similarities and differences of Britain and Australia.
Our topic and English work will include:
- Writing stories based in seaside settings.
- Researching key aspects of holidays in the 1950s.
- Visits from Grandparents and visitors to talk about their holiday experiences.
- Creating 1950s holiday plays.
- Paper Maiche ice cream sculptures
- Using maps and atlases to place Great Britain and Australia and identify other holiday locations.
- Creating Beebot mazes in IT
- Identifying and comparing Kings Worthy to a settlement in Australia.
- Researching what life is like in Australia.
- Creating a presentation about one aspect of Australia.
- Problem solving and reasoning.
- Finding the difference between two numbers.
- 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables and related division facts.
- Fractions: recognising and writing ½ 1/3, ¼, 2/4 and ¾ of a length, shape or quantity.
- Direction: Using angles, turns and rotation to describe movement.
- Time: Telling the time to the nearest 5 minute interval.
Indoor PE – Athletic skills
Outdoor games – Fielding and striking games including kwik cricket and beanbag rounders.
Listen 2 Me: Bamboo Tamboo lessons wi.th Mrs Beton from Hampshire Music Service