What we do
The Governing Body at Kings Worthy Primary School has a strategic function, while the headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school:
We establish the strategic direction of the school by setting the school's values and objectives. We agree the school strategy including its priorities and targets, and we ensure that statutory duties are met. We support and challenge the headteacher.
We ensure accountability to the children, their parents and our community by appointing the headteacher, and by monitoring the educational performance of the school and progress towards agreed targets.
We ensure financial probity, by setting the budget and monitoring spending, ensuring that value for money is obtained and ensuring risks are managed.
We meet regularly: all governors attend Full Governing Body meetings once per half term. In addition, we operate with two primary committees that also meet six times per year:
- Standards & Improvements: focused on ensuring accountability
- Resources: focused on ensuring financial probity
Membership of these committees is as follows:
|Standards & Improvements||Resources|
Tessa Atton (Chair)
Rosalind Poulter (Chair)
The Board of Governors at Kings Worthy Primary School abides by the school’s ethos, to be the best that we can be. Specifically, we:
- Understand the school’s strengths and weaknesses, and work with the Senior Leadership Team to evaluate performance.
- Strive for the best possible outcomes for the children and the school.
- Uphold the Seven Principles of Public Life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, leadership.
*Associate member with voting rights on the committee.
Governors have specific responsibilities at school. These are:
|Chair of Governors:||Caroline Horne|
Tessa Atton & Rosalind Poulter
|Special Educational Needs & Disabilities||Jenna Mansbridge|
|Health & Safety||Phil Jackson|
|Data Analysis||Richard Knight|
|Development & Training||Matthew Barnard|
|Pupil Premium||Laura Croker|
|PSHE Wellbeing||Rosalind Poulter|
(in-class visits - Laura Crocker)
|We don't:||We do:|