Our History

Our History

There were originally two small schools in the Kings Worthy area, one on the Alresford Road in Abbots Worthy and the other in School Lane in Headbourne Worthy.

The present main school building was opened in 1952.  It almost immediately proved too small and two more classrooms were added.  This part of the main building now contains six classrooms, our IT suite, hall, kitchen, staffroom and offices. 

As the school continued to grow, five more classrooms were formed in Hinton House, an adjacent late Victorian house.

In September 2008, we left Hinton House and moved into five new classrooms built next to our main building.  An extension at the end of the main building houses purpose-built rooms for music, food technology and our library.

    

We are also fortunate to have extensive grounds incorporating a sports field, cross country track, woodland areas and ponds which provide an excellent educational resource.

In 2011, a Phase 3 Children’s Centre and a Pre-School setting were completed on our school site.  The number on roll continues to increase and three new classrooms were added in 2014, enabling us to become a two-form entry school.